Snow and Adverse Weather Conditions Jan 2019
Overnight on 29th/30th January 2019, snowfall occurred in many locations, making travel conditions dangerous.
This has had some impact on IWA Resource and Outreach Centres and services across the country, particular where IWA buses were unable to travel on side roads to collection members from their homes. The safety of IWA members, staff and volunteers is paramount – as a result Community Support Services (Resource and Outreach Centres/ ROC’s) will review road and weather conditions throughout the day to ensure that all services operate safely and to the maximum levels possible. If any members has a query on their planned day service support, please contact the local service coordinator for details on services being provided on the 30th and 31st January 2019.
IWA is reminding our members, staff and volunteers to take extra care during this cold spell. Please keep up to date with the weather forecast on http://www.met.ie/ and continue to listen to news updates on radio and television reports.
Please take the information provided by Met Éireann on the weather into consideration Remember to keep warm, eat well and avoid unnecessary travel.
Useful Websites Include:
- The www.winterready.ie website provides practical advice and contact details for the services which provide help in extreme weather events.
- Some local authorities provide a pre-registered text-messaging service which you can sign up for. Check your council’s website, with contact details also available at www.housing.gov.ie
- Please monitor IWA's Twitter and Facebook pages for information about your service.
- For information on power-outages, check www.esbpowercheck.ie. Phone 1850 372 999 to report outages.
- To check if public transport services continue to operate, check the operators’ websites, including www.dublinbus.ie (01 873 4222), www.irishrail.ie (01 836 6222), www.luas.ie (1850 300 604 or 01 461 4911) and www.buseireann.ie (1850 836 611).
- Also consult the Department of Transport at www.dttas.ie and the National Transport Authority at www.transportforireland.ie.
- In an emergency situation please dial 999 or 112.
Contact details for your local Garda Station can be found by visiting: https://www.garda.ie/en/
Contact details for local GP’s or Hospitals can be found by visiting: https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/maps/
Please take the information provided by Met Éireann into consideration.
Remember to keep warm, eat well and avoid unnecessary travel.