STATUS RED WEATHER WARNING
Last updated: 10:28am, Friday 2nd March 2018
A status red alert will remain in place in Leinster, Munster and Galway until 6pm today (Friday, 2nd March 2018). For the rest of the country a Status Orange warning is in place with heavy showers and icy conditions expected
IWA Community Services / Day Centres: Safety for IWA members, staff and volunteers is paramount – as a result Community Support Services (Resource and Outreach Centres/ ROC’s) in the following locations will remain closed until status red warning is lifted:
- Southern Region – All IWA Community Centre / ROC’s are closed Thursday 1st March 2018.
- Eastern Region – All IWA Community Centre / ROC’s are closed Thursday, 1st March 2018.
- Western Region: All IWA Community Centres / ROC’s are closed Thursday, 1st March 2018
- IWA Community Centres / ROC’s remaining closed on Thursday, 1st March 2018 are: Athlone, Ardee, Arklow, Athy, Carlow, Cork, Clonakilty, Clontarf (ROC & RTU), Clane, Donegal, Drogheda, Killarney, Listowel, Laois, Leitrim, Lucan, Mullingar, Navan, Offaly, Roscommon, Waterford, Wexford, Sligo, South Tipperary.
IWA Independent Living Units: Essential support only will be provided at Independent Living Units in IWA Cashel, Callan, Clontarf, Kilkenny, Galway and Belmullet.
IWA Holiday and Respite Centres: Carmel Fallon Holiday Centre – Dublin and IWA National Holiday Centre – Cuisle also will remain closed until Monday, 5th March 2018.
IWA Assisted Living Services: IWA will endeavour to continue to provide Assisted Living Services and Enhanced Homecare Services where possible and safe to do so. Due to the extreme weather conditions, IWA Assisted Living and Enhanced Homecare Services are being affected by the current adverse weather conditions in some counties. IWA will attempt to provide essential services over the coming 48 hours, however, it may not be possible to commence services on time or to deliver full services in certain parts of the country. For queries about IWA Assisted Living Services (ALS) please contact the Service Coordinator in your local area. The safety of our staff and members is our priority at this time.
IWA is reminding our members, staff and volunteers to take extra care during this cold spell. Please keep up to date with the weather forecast on http://www.met.ie/ and continue to listen to news updates on radio and television reports.
Please take the information provided by Met Éireann on the weather into consideration Remember to keep warm, eat well and avoid unnecessary travel.
Useful Websites Include:
- The www.winterready.ie website provides practical advice and contact details for the services which provide help in extreme weather events.
- Some local authorities provide a pre-registered text-messaging service which you can sign up for. Check your council’s website, with contact details also available at www.housing.gov.ie.
- Please monitor IWA's Twitter and Facebook pages for information about your service.
- For information on power-outages, check www.esbpowercheck.ie. Phone 1850 372 999 to report outages.
- To check if public transport services continue to operate, check the operators’ websites, including www.dublinbus.ie (01 873 4222), www.irishrail.ie (01 836 6222), www.luas.ie (1850 300 604 or 01 461 4911) and www.buseireann.ie (1850 836 611).
Also consult the Department of Transport at www.dttas.ie and the National Transport Authority at www.transportforireland.ie.
- In an emergency situation please dial 999 or 112.
Contact details for your local Garda Station can be found by visiting: https://www.garda.ie/en/
Contact details for local GP’s or Hospitals can be found by visiting: https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/maps/
Please take the information provided by Met Éireann into consideration. Remember to keep warm, eat well and avoid unnecessary travel.